Consultant/writer for Impact Stories Report on ‘What Works in Water Governance’ – Call for Proposals
The Water and Ocean Governance Programme (WOGP) of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Sustainable Development Profession, in its Bureau for Policy and Programme Support (BPPS), assists countries to improve water and ocean governance, build capacities, and mainstream effective water and ocean resources management, and water supply and sanitation policy at local, national, regional and global levels. Among other mechanisms, the programme delivers through the UNDP Water Governance Facility (WGF) at SIWI, GoAL WaSH, and the global network for capacity development towards sustainable water management Cap-Net. WOGP is looking for a consultant to prepare the 2018 Impact Stories Report, based on a set of selected WOGP projects.
The report will be an important knowledge management and learning tool for understanding ‘what works in water governance’. It is to guide the design of future projects and aid ongoing projects to achieve desired governance reform impact. The report will also be used for outreach and advocacy purposes to provide information and visibility of WOGP projects and activities and convince partners, including national governments, donors and civil society representatives, about the importance of investing in governance frameworks and processes.
Under the supervision and overall guidance of the WOGP Senior Water Advisor, and in close collaboration with the WGF Programme Manager, the consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Review existing documentation about selected projects (desk review), and complement and question existing conclusions and results through (skype/virtual/email) interviews with relevant project staff and partners. The review will be carried out in collaboration with and discussed with relevant project staff, as appropriate. Each project review will be documented in a way to identify sources consulted and main findings.
- Produce approximately ten impact stories of 2-3 flyer-style pages each – including charts, graphs, and illustrative quotes from emails/interviews, including key information and methodology of projects, a summary of the broader context of operations, highlights of results and impact and impacts, along with the analysis of what were the key factors of success, i.e. «what works in water governance.”
- The consultant will further support the WGF Programme Manager in vetting the content of impact stories and drawing broader conclusions for the overreaching report within which the impact stories will be used for the full report based on research, consultations with project contacts as well as with relevant project and external stakeholders. This involves developing also overarching conclusions on ‘what works in water governance’.
- After the draft text is reviewed by the relevant WOGP team, including the Senior Advisor, the consultant will incorporate revisions related to content, design and/or language. The text will adhere to UNDP’s branding standards for language and presentation.
- The consultant will work closely with the WGF Programme Manager and the graphic designer selected to develop ideas for graphics and charts that creatively convey key messages/data in the Impact Stories, as well as write captions for the photos in the publication.
- The consultant will also proof read the texts as they are laid out by the designer.
Further information about the assignment is found in the Terms of Reference
Proposals by reviewer(s) interested in undertaking this External Review should be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 31 March 2018.
For more information, please contact Ivan Draganic, email@example.com