SIWI is a leader in capacity development related to water governance, water management and water diplomacy. The need and demand for knowledge in these fields are growing at a time of exacerbated water stress and weather extremes caused by climate change.
All SIWI’s operational departments organize training sessions and workshops on a broad range of topics, both digitally and in physical meetings. The activities are always carried out on-demand with different stakeholders and tailored to their specific needs.
Here are some examples of our capacity development activities:
- The new GO-WATER programme offers training on water governance in times of uncertainty.
- The Africa Regional Centre strengthens capacity when it comes to water governance and financing for investments and water infrastructure.
- The Water Resources team has developed a Practitioner’s Guide for Source-to-Sea Management and corresponding training.
- The Water and Sanitation team regularly trains governments and water utilities on how to use the WASH Bottleneck Analysis Tool to improve efficiency.
- The Transboundary Water Cooperation team organizes recurring training for women government officials and journalists.
- The Transboundary Water Cooperation team has also arranged popular simulations of water diplomacy processes for capacity building.
- The Swedish Water House organizes a broad range of seminars and webinars for different sectors as well as for the public.