SIWI is a sought-after advisor to governments, cities, water utilities, organizations, and companies across the world. With our unusually broad experience, we contribute to holistic solutions for long-term resilience. The choices made today are decisive for tomorrow’s water security, resilience, poverty eradication and social equity.
SIWI’s areas of expertise include how water governance can become more inclusive and efficient through relevant regulations, well-functioning institutions, adequate pricing of services and transparent decision-making. We can support this through policy reviews, tailored studies, facilitation of dialogues and many other activities. SIWI also advises on governance processes and the financing of water projects. Countries sharing a river, lake or aquifer can get help in developing mechanisms for knowledge exchange and joint management of the water source.
Here are some examples of our advisory services:
- SIWI advises governments on how to include more water-related solutions in their Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) to the Paris Agreement on climate change.
- SIWI offers support in the review of water codes and laws (e.g. in Comoros and Ethiopia) and in the development of WASH regulations (e.g. in Liberia).
- SIWI advises on tariff setting for the water sector (e.g. in Bosnia-Herzegovina).
- SIWI advises on holistic water management for cities and has brought together forward-looking cities through the City Water Resilience Approach.
- SIWI supports decision-makers and practitioners interested in more sustainable agriculture, forestry and landscape management as well as source-to-sea management.
- The multi-stakeholder platforms of the Swedish Water House offer opportunities to co-create sustainable water management solutions with different sectors.