New issue of Stockholm Water Front out now!
In the latest issue, Stockholm Water Front had the opportunity to hear the thoughts from those deeply engaged in the Post-2015 Development process, who explain why a ‘water goal’ is something we should aim for. The issue also zooms in on the cooperation challenges in the water stressed region of the Lower Jordan River, and reports back from our seminar on water cooperation on World Water Day.
In the latest issue of Stockholm Water Front you can read about the inspiring achievements of Dr. Peter Morgan, who has developed solutions that protect the health and lives of millions of people and has become the very worthy recipient of the 2013 Stockholm Water Prize, which he will receive on September 5 during the World Water Week in Stockholm. Also in this edition, Mr. Kerry Schneider, explains why patience is a strategic virtue when setting the stage for cooperation over shared waters. As we hit the midpoint of the “International Year of Water Cooperation”, Mr. Alistair Rieu-Clark reflects on the progress to date and priorities for the coming months to make 2013 a landmark year to strengthen the legal architecture for transboundary watercourses.
One important item for this year is the 2013 Stockholm Statement online forum (siwi.org/stockholmstatement2013), where you are encouraged to share your views on what message the water community should take to the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA 68) as it develops a roadmap towards the Post-2015 development agenda. We look forward hearing your thoughts on how we together can work towards a water wise world.
- A Last Ditch Effort to Save the Jordan River by Mr. Rami Abdelrahman and Dr. Anders Jägerskog
- Development Under Water Duress by Ms. Chibesa Pensulo
- Water in the Post-2015 Development Agenda by Ms. Maya Rebermark
- Exploring Water Cooperation on World Water Day by Ms. Lovisa Selander
- Top Ten Reasons to Attend the 2013 World Water Week in Stockholm by Ms. Sanna Gustafsson
- Dr. Peter Morgan Wins Stockholm Water Prize by by Mr. Josh Weinberg
- Netafim receives Stockholm Industry Water Award by Mr. Josh Weinberg
- Will 2013 be seen as the International Year of Water Law Cooperation? by Mr. Alistair Rieu-Clarke
- 2013 World Water Week in Stockholm – What’s New? by Ms. Sanna Gustafsson
- 2013 Stockholm Statement: Advocating Water by Ms. Maya Rebermark
- Setting the stage for collaboration over shared waters by Mr. Kerry Schneider
- Book review: Water, Christianity and the Rise of Capitalism by Mr. Terje Oestigaard