World Water Week 2022
World Water Week 2022 takes place from 23 August to 1 September. For the first time, you can join us both online and in Stockholm, Sweden. This year we offer close to 300 sessions on the theme Seeing the Unseen: The Value of Water.
A World Water Week like no other
We are very excited about the new format of World Water Week 2022. Finally, we can welcome participants to both a digital venue and a physical conference in Stockholm, Sweden. Choose the format that suits you best and get ready to engage with both online and on-site speakers and participants. Register today to secure your spot.
Here is how it works:
- 23-25 August: Online only – join us for three days of interesting content and truly global conversations spanning different time zones.
- 28 August-1 September: Online and on-site – from 28 August you are welcome to the Norra Latin venue in Stockholm. But all content between 29 August and 1 September can also be followed online.
This new hybrid format offers many new opportunities to connect people across the world, encouraging idea generation, innovation, and discussions about our shared future. All participants register on the digital venue which serves as a meeting place for both online and on-site participants.
Six reasons why you should join us
- The programme. This year World Water Week offers some 300 sessions on a broad range of water-related topics, from food security and health to agriculture, technology, biodiversity, and the climate crisis.
- The theme. The 2022 theme, Seeing the Unseen: The Value of Water, helps us view water in new and fascinating ways. We focus on the value of water, from many different perspectives. Expect interesting discussions on topics like pricing of water, indigenous knowledge, human rights, and much more. We also draw attention to the unseen water in aquifers and the soil.
- The networking. World Water Week attracts an unusually diverse mix of leading scientists, UN experts, local community groups, entrepreneurs, top politicians, students, CEOs, and many others. Here you have a unique chance to meet people from all over the world who you would otherwise never meet. We do our best to facilitate networking, not least for young professionals.
- The knowledge. At World Water Week you can learn from leading experts from many fields. Attend the Scientific Programme Committee’s Seminars for a deep-dive into the year’s theme, follow the capacity-building Accelerators to develop skills linked to Communication or Business, and explore new water topics in our talk show SIWI Corner.
- The Prizes. The world’s most prestigious water award, the Stockholm Water Prize, is also presented during the Week on 31 August. The day before we can follow the exciting finals in the competition Stockholm Junior Water Prize.
- The solutions. World Water Week is a community of changemakers who collaborate on solutions to the world’s greatest water-related challenges. Here you can test your ideas, learn from peers in other countries, and share your knowledge. The Week is also a meeting place to accelerate progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals and other international processes. This year’s World Water Week is an important milestone on the way the UN 2023 Water Conference.
And then we have the many interesting Exhibitions, the famous Mingle & Dance and all the other social activities… There are many reasons to attend World Water Week and we look forward to welcoming you to our community!