Nine seminars to help us build resilience
World Water Week 2021 is focused on the multifaceted theme Building Resilience Faster. Don’t miss the Scientific Programme Committee’s nine seminars with science-based perspectives on a broad range of related topics.
Since it started 30 years ago, World Water Week has been firmly rooted in science. Every year, SIWI’s Scientific Programme Committee prepares a Thematic scope to outline the theme of the next World Water Week – here you can read the 2021 Thematic scope.
The Scientific Programme Committee also organizes nine seminars during the Week that should not be missed by anyone wishing to explore the year’s theme more in-depth. Each seminar is in turn a three-part series to give room for many diverse perspectives and interesting discussions. You can pick one seminar that seems particularly interesting or join several. But you must be a registered participant at World Water Week, which this year is free of charge – sign up today. World Water Week is a fully digital event taking place 23-27 August.
Here are this year’s nine seminars:
- Information, governance, and justice for climate resilience. In this seminar we discuss the importance of information and inclusion for resilience.
- Breaking Silos. Climate action across sectors and boundaries. This seminar gives successful examples of collaboration and youth-led behavioural change.
- Navigating uncertain waters, shifting powers, sharing values. A seminar to explore political and economic perspectives on water, including how to manage competing interests.
- Private sector and resilience in uncertain times. Learn from pioneering business initiatives to understand water risks and find new tools to build corporate resilience.
- Urban water resilience, from utopia to reality. Urban water resilience is one of our greatest challenges at a time when the world is rapidly urbanizing, and we know that current water infrastructure is increasingly put to a test by global warming.
- Water in health and climate crises. This seminar will focus on what the climate and water community can do to drive systemic change, using innovation to disrupt the status quo.
- Water for inclusive health and food security. How can water management help improve human health and food security? The seminar explores opportunities to build resilience after Covid-19.
- Climate finance for a green Covid-19 recovery. This seminar will look at how climate finance in water can build more resilient societies after the pandemic. It also discusses existing service and financial gaps as well as the role of innovation.
- Navigating multiple crises. Between adaptation and mitigation. This seminar focuses on how to best form policy and investment to build resilience at a time of multiple and cascading crises.
Register for World Water Week today to get access to the seminars and hundreds of other sessions and activities.