SDG Online consultation: Sustainable development and water resources
Leasson learned from this
- Governance matters for improved management of water resources but governance situations are different and no blue-prints apply.
- Shortage of capacities on water governance and integrated management remains an important challenge.
- Improved coordination is needed across different water using sectors and between ministries.
- It’s important that any future SDGs on water resources are few, distinct and measurable.
- It was suggested that water resources goals and target could be based on the following two topics: 1) Water for socio-economic development and environmental protection and 2) Implementing an integrated water resources management approach.