PROJECT: THE WOMEN IN WATER DIPLOMACY NETWORK IN THE NILENetwork resources
Find reports, statements, recording of past events and other key resources to learn more about our work.
Tapping our potential: Women’s water leadership in the Nile Basin
Cooperation over the shared water resources of the Nile Basin is essential to water security and development in the region. To mitigate and manage potential and actual drivers of water-related conflict in the region, improved and more inclusive resource decision-making is critical.
- Women Transforming Conflict: A Quantitative Analysis of Female Peacemaking: This study employs a quantitative analysis to test this question on 156 peace agreements using binary logistic regression on thirteen models measuring peace at three different points in time.
- The Role of Women in Transboundary Water Dispute Resolution: Within decision-driven organisations that address water management and conflict mediation, there is much to be learnt about the role of women.
- Thesis on (In)visible women: Representation and Conceptualization of Gender in Water Governance and Management: The author examines the representation of women and the conceptualization of gender in water governance organizations.
- Check list to set up your LinkedIn profile (PDF): What to focus on when setting up or creating your profile on LinkedIn? This check list will help you get started.
- World Health Organization Gender Assessment Tool (PDF): The Gender Assessment Tool (GAT) is comprised of critical questions, as in gender analysis. The GAT helps determine the gender-responsiveness of a policy or programme.
- Guide to Gender Mainstreaming in Water Governance in Central Asia: The OCEEA has developed this guide to gender mainstreaming in water governance in Central Asia for the benefit of water practitioners in the region. (In English and Russian)
- Mainstreaming Gender in Water Operations (PDF): The objective of this toolkit is to provide task teams with guidance to improve gender mainstreaming in project design, implementation, and evaluation.
- Course on Gender Mainstreaming in Water Governance: This course presents how to incorporate a gender perspective in the management of water resources and how to integrate a gender lens in projects and organizations focusing on water governance.
- Indicators for gender equality and women empowerment (PDF)
- (En)Gendering Transboundary Water Governance: Feminist Perspectives on Water Conflict and Cooperation